Wednesday, March 7, 2012

MOVE IN DAY...72 hours


The construction of our new home has been like running a marathon. I'm glad to say that we have .2 miles left of our 26.2 miles. The entire trip to get to 309 Malaga Avenue has taken over 2 years and I am thrilled to say that we can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

As most of you know, I love to run. In fact, I have run 4 half-marathons in the last 5 months. Running has been a life saver for me and has kept me sane throughout this process. Dave Gray knows that I work best with visuals, so he put this last phase of our construction into terms that I could relate to. He said, "Sue, remember...the real marathon starts in the last 6 miles". Boy was he right! (I think my brain is cramping up right now!)

Right now, at this very moment, it looks like "Extreme Home Makeover" over at our house. I keep expecting Ty Pennington to come around the corner.
Sod ready to go in

Family room pendant (love the shadows it casts on the ceiling)



Trampoline assembled and ready to be dropped into the ground

Dave's office (painted BM-Naragansett Green...really looks dark blue)

Laundry Room

Front door


Jack & Sam's shared bath

Bunkbeds in Playroon
Tub in master bath. (Long enough for 6'2" Dave Gray to straighten out his legs)

Foyer
Screened Porch (tv will be mounted over fireplace)
With just 72 hours left until we move in, you can see from these photos that we have a ways to go before Saturday morning, but the adrenaline is kicking in and we are sprinting towards the finish line.

7 comments:

  1. HOLY COW SUSAN!! Amazing! It is gorgeous! Please invite me over to see it after you get your finishing touches done! Congratulations on your new and beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! It looks so cool! Can't wait to see it! You always do such a great job with decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Susan! Please invited me over too! So pretty! I am excited for your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eddie and MichelleMarch 7, 2012 at 10:40 AM

    We had to stop for the medics at the 25th mile on our marathon!! We would love to hand off the baton and make it a relay. We need you to run our last leg. As I predicted, your house looks amazing! Maybe we will be there for middle school carpool.

    The Crims

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks absolutely fabulous - just like all the Grays!! PERFECTION!!

    ReplyDelete